Yikes! How is it already Valentineâ€™s Day and you donâ€™t have anything planned for your significant other? This day can be stressful, overwhelming, and even expensive. But before you panic, take a breath and read some of the suggestions below to help make your Valentineâ€™s Day a memorable one:
- Who doesnâ€™t enjoy a good meal? If you canâ€™t find an available reservation, make dinner at home, light some candles, and play some soulful tunes. Make your partnerâ€™s favorite meal or something he/she has been craving. This shows you take initiative and are observant to your partnerâ€™s needs and preferences.
- Make a thoughtful gift! Think of all the special, funny, and even trying times youâ€™ve spent with your partner and handwrite a long letter expressing your gratitude and devotion. Think itâ€™s sappy? It doesnâ€™t have to be. Incorporate a favorite song lyric or an inside joke you two have, and adorn your partner with some witty, genuine thought.
- Channel your youth. Go to an arcade, hit some balls at the batting cages, or go for a hike. Didnâ€™t we all love movie nights as kids? Choose your and your partnerâ€™s favorite romantic movie, and have a film night.
- Flowers/Movie tickets. Always a good idea.
- Single? So what! Just because youâ€™re not with anyone doesnâ€™t mean you canâ€™t celebrate. Maybe you are enjoying your time without a partner and would like to celebrate with a group of friends. Go out for dinner or have a soiree at your house. Though, donâ€™t feel obligated to do something. Thereâ€™s nothing wrong with running a bath, taking out the book youâ€™re currently reading, and having some you-time.
Sure, not everyone likes to celebrate, but take this holiday as a reminder to show your partner, family member, or friend how much you care about them, and use it as an excuse to spend quality time with one another.
Happy Valentineâ€™s Day from ICDC Life!